Thursday, September 17, 2009

Web Quest I Shall....ADAPT!

The Salem Witch Trials

http://www.geocities.com/webquestsonline/index.htm

I plan to rework the task because I do not find it engaging for students. The current assignment give every group of students (by which the class is divided) the exact same research project. This limits the learning to one area when the projects are presented and alo affords students the oppurtunity to do less work. Not to mention it's just boring, ecspecially with a subject with as much information such as the Salem Witch Trials. Under "Cognitive Level of Task" on the Web Quest Rubric the highest amount of points given is award to Web Quests that engage their students. This Web Quest, I believe, does not, but has the potential to. I will change the assignment to give each group a different research project. This will allow much more information to come across these students' desks.

1 comment:

  1. You identified good areas for improvement! I look forward to seeing the final version!

    ReplyDelete